Thursday, July 2, 2009

Banana Pineapple Bread


Pineapple Banana Bread

***Susan's note: I made this because I had extra bananas in the house and we were going away, so I needed to get rid of them. My sister and her family loved this bread - I put it in a 9 x 13 pan because we didn't have 2 loaf pans and it cooked in about 45-50 min.

Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 32

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (I used pineapple chunks, drained and pureed)
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

0 comments: