Thursday, March 27, 2008

Betty Crocker Deviled Eggs

Betty Crocker's Deviled Eggs Recipe

6 hard cooked eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Paprika, for garnish

Cut peeled eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out yolks; mash with fork. Mix in seasonings and salad dressing. Fill whites with egg yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly.

>>>>The above recipe is the one from the traditional Betty Crocker cookbook (Mom's). I modify it in the following ways:

- Watch the salt!! I usually use less
- I use wet mustard - dijon mustard is yummy
- I replace some of the majo with Harry and David's Pepper and Onion relish - yum!

Here's another yummy deviled eggs recipe I haven't tried:
Deviled Eggs

12 hard-boiled eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 TBS. snipped fresh chives
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste

1. Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out egg yolks from 11 eggs into bowl. Scoop out remaining egg yolk and set aside. Chop four egg-white halves and add to bowl. Mash yolks and whites with fork.
2. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and stir until smooth. Pipe or spoon filling into egg-white halves.
3. Put remaining egg yolk in a fine, mesh strainer. Mash yolk with fork, holding strainer over the eggs to sprinkle as a garnish. Serve cold.

Makes 20 halves.
http://www.deliciousdelicious.com/archives/2005/03/oops_deviled_eg.html

UPDATE 5/29/08: I made the above deviled eggs recipe for Memorial Day bbq, and everyone loved them. BUT, I think I like my original recipe better. Maybe if I made these again I'd add more dijon mustard or some harry and david's for some "tang."

0 comments: